Macaron Cafe

Before we left for NY there was only one place that we knew we HAD to go to...the Macaron Cafe! There are two locations in NY, lucky for us there was one just blocks from our hotel in Chelsea. The Macaron Cafe was created to pay homage to the perfect little French confection...and pay homage they do! When you walk in you are greeted by a rainbow of beautiful colors and flavors....everything from the simple and pure vanilla and chocolate to more exotic flavors such as cassis violet and lychee rose! I have to say my favorite was the fleur de sel! It was a perfect combination of caramel and sea salt, it simply melted in your mouth! Kellie and I were giddy over the "Marie Antoinette" inspired illustrations on their coffee club cards and adorable gift boxes! Although the store front is very small, it is very charming and perhaps the best part of it all was the clear balls hanging from the ceiling filled with macarons! We loved it so much, we had to go back and get our familes a box filled with macarons before we left NY! So if you are ever in the area we suggest you stop in and treat yourself...you won't regret it! In the meantime, if you don't have plans to visit the big apple, The Macaron Cafe created a recipe book, so you can attempt these little treats at home....if you dare!





3 comments:

Pâtisserie Paris said...

Oh my goodness I want to go there so bad! I'm looking forward to going back to Paris this summer to enjoy macarons at Ladurée and Pierre Hermé! If I ever go back to NY, Macaron Cafe is one place I will be going. I LOVE their illustrations!

jackie fo said...

Wow - that Macaron Cafe looks gorgeous! FYI - I have been perusing your blog for so long, I am going to be late for work! It's so cute!

Icing Designs said...

LOL Jackie thanks so much!! We LOVE hearing that...not that you will be late for work, but that you have been perusing our blog ;) Hope you will come back and visit again soon! xoxo

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips