Photos via Brandon Kidd, Rentals from Found Rentals
Photo credits: Jose Villa, Davina Plus Daniel Photography, sidebysideblog.blogspot.com, theknot.com, inspiredbythis.com, Style Me Pretty, Style Me Pretty, Sweet and Saucy, Davina Plus Daniel Photography, projectwedding.com, Davina Plus Daniel Photography, projectwedding.com, Style Me Pretty via weheartit.com,
Mini plastic jars (found at Hobby Lobby)
Course Glitter (Color of your choice)
"Fairy Dust" tag (Icing Designs glittered tag of course ;)
Mini pom pom
Hot glue gun/glue
Take your jar and fill with the course glitter (we just filled a little less than half way up). You may need to create a little funnel out of paper just to keep the glitter from going all over.
After you place the cap back on take ribbon (color of your choice) and wrap the cap. Just put a dab of glue toward the back to hold the ribbon in place.
Next take the flower and hot glue it on to the top of the ribbon covered cap.
Punch a hole in your tag and string your bakers twine through. The just tie the tag around the top. Hot glue your mini pom pom onto your lollipop stick to create a little duster.
Finally just stick your duster under the twine so it is secure.
Then your little fairy dust pots are complete and ready to be in the hands of your little fairies!
Take your wooden ring and the color ribbon of your choice that you would like to use as the base color and simply wrap the ring with it. As you get to the end add a dot of glue from the glue gun to secure the end. If you feel like the ribbon is not secure as you are wrapping it, just add some more dots of glue to hold the ribbon in place.
Then just take all different lengths of multi-colored and textured ribbon and tie them onto the ring. The rings look great if you really vary the lengths of the ribbon.
You can tie as many ribbons on as you want but make sure there is some empty space for the little ones to hold on to!
First off, we have another amazing project from our our fabulous DIY corespondent, Katie! Glittery fairy wings, perfect of course, for all of your little fairy party guests. These are super simple to make and look so adorable on.
Hot glue gun/glue
1 sheet of 12"x12" glittered scrapbook paper
Felt piece cut to approximately 3 1/4" long x 2 1/4" wide
Silk flower clip or any decoration you would like
1. Create the shape wing that you desire...draw and cut it out to create a pattern (if you do not want to create your own patter we will have a downloadable pattern you tomorrow)
2. Fold paper in half...trace wing shape pattern onto paper and cut out. You will now have two wings.
3. With glittered side down, place wings about 1 1/2- 2 inches apart.
4. Glue felt piece in between wings to connect them together.
5. Using an X-acto knife, scissors or hole punch, place one slit just above the top edge of your felt piece and one slit just below the bottom edge of your felt piece.
6. Cut two pieces of ribbon about 24" or long enough to tie into a bow over your little one's shoulder .
7. Thread ribbon through the slits so ends come out on the non-glittered side of the paper.
8. Tie tulle into a bow and hot glue it onto the middle of your felt piece, glittered side up.
9. Clip or glue a flower or any other decoration you wish in the middle of your tulle bow and your wings are ready for your little fairy!